Carpets add magic to the floor. Different designs, styles, materials of carpets are available in the market. Carpet style and quality is an important factor while selecting the carpets. Buying carpet should be one time investment. Higher the price of the carpet the higher will be its quality and durability. The cost of the carpet is calculated on per square meters.
The prices involved in installing carpets are
1. Calculate the amount of carpet needed: Determine if the entire house or one or two rooms need carpet installation. Calculate in square meters the total areas that need to be carpeted. The carpet required will be 10 – 20% more of this.
2. Determine the cost of the carpet: Normally the carpet price ranges from $0.50 to $10 per square foot. $2 – $4 is the average price range of the carpet buyers. However this depends of various factors like the style, fiber etc. of the carpet. The construction of the carpet, its density also determines the it’s cost.
3. Cost of padding and installation: The cost of padding and installation are also added to the cost of the carpet. Some companies may not charge for this. But the retailer will charge it in some way or the other.
Types of carpet fiber
Acrylic: It is artificial wool. It can resist electricity, moisture, staining, heat etc.
Blends: They are made from nylon and Olefin. These carpets have high stain resistance.
Nylon: It is the strongest, preferred and expensive fiber as compared to others. It has excellent resistance to insects, chemicals, stains, fading etc. It is also high on durability.
Olefin: It is second preferred fiber after nylon. They do not fade, are strong and have water resistance. They are easy to clean and maintain.
Polyester: Polyester is durable and gives a luxurious feeling; however it can fade in sunlight.
Wool: It is natural strong and durable. It gives a soft and comfortable feeling. It is most expensive fiber for carpets.
The carpet cost depends upon the following factors:
1. Price of carpet per square yard
2. Carpet fiber
3. Carpet style
4. Carpet face weight
5. Carpet padding type
6. Carpet padding thickness
7. Carpet padding density
8. Carpet Installation charges