Waterbed mattresses are great options for your home as they provide good comfort and are great for long term usage. Unlike the other coils containing mattresses, these waterbed mattresses last longer and provide great comfort. The only downside of these mattresses is their high cost. They are the best options for people who like to sleep with variable temperature feels. Its many benefits are something that masks off its high price tags and instantaneously make them the mattress of choice for many people worldwide. There are certain points that should be considered before investing those big bucks on the waterbed mattresses.
Points to look upon before investing in a waterbed mattress
Waterbed mattress can instantly become your choice of mattress due to its wide range of benefits, but there are some points which you should look upon before buying them.- Support: One should always look for waterbed mattresses that provide extreme lumbar support. This feature is provided by presence of fibre layers.
– Extent of floatation: Different waterbed mattresses provide different extent of floatation feature. You need to choose the one which suits you the best.
– Look up for maintenance options: Always look up in advance for the places which provide you with the maintenance of the waterbed mattresses.
– Look for mattresses with tethering: Tethering enables the fiber layers to stay well centred in the mattress. These are located on the sides of the mattress.
Types of Waterbed mattresses
There are mainly two types of waterbeds which include:
– Hard side waterbed: This type of waterbed contains a wooden flat frame which gives support to the mattress filled with water. These are very old in style and are not much in fashion today. The better designed options in this types can be looked upon. These kind of waterbed mattresses are not very expensive.
– Soft side waterbeds: These types of waterbeds have a foam covering to the entire water filled mattress. They are available in many different sizes and can be a bit more expensive on your pockets too.
The degrees of motion of water are different in both types of waterbeds. From free-flow or full-motion to Semi-wave and Motion-free degrees. Each of these level of motions have their own bad and good qualities. One can definitely go for a waterbed mattress if they have a good budget and are looking for a long lasting mattress options.